Sunday, July 02, 2006

Introducing the Micro Stove...

Ok, im not new to this camping business but I have to say that the equipment now available is pretty amazing. My tent weight something like 2kg, my sleeping bag would fit in a large coat pocket and all the tools and bits and pieces that i've collected for my mission are made from super light alloys and composite plastics.

I thought id seen it all until yesterday when I bought a little camping stove from a local outdoor adventure store. I have bought these things before and they are pretty basic, you simply attach the gas canister to the stove bit and there you have it. But most of my previous cooking thingys were quite a bit bigger and crapper than this little gadget.

Honestly you could put this in your pocket. Im stunned. It only weights a few grams it seems pretty strong, the box claims it can boil a litre of water in a few minutes and will burn continuously for an hour. Perfect for my purposes. I love it and its probably the most usefull thing ill have with me in terms of a comfort items.

No comments: