Monday, June 19, 2006

Take a Trip

Excerpts from a recent email from RV :

"Have spent the last day or so looking into my trip in terms of equipment and route....I plan to take the ferry from Rosslaire to Roscoff..."

"...its the only place I can get and Rosscoff is better than Cherbourg methinks."

"Have also bought a special bag for my bike. These guys have been making these things forever so they are probably very good plus its made in England so its totally in keeping with my ethics regarding child labour etc. also I like to support cottage industries."



"So between my tent,

my messenger bag,


and my bike,
I have the bare essentials in terms of being able to carry everything I need to transport myself efficiently and shelter myself when necessary."


"The only things I still need to buy will be a compass, a small gas stove, a HexMet stove as backup, spare tubes and tube repair equipment, a mallet, maybe a detailed road map or two."



"In the last day or two I have spent long periods of time looking at google maps something which influenced my decision to disembark the ferry at Roscoff. From there I plan to transect that peninsula in a southerly direction which should bring me to Nantes and after that follow the coast until I am at a latitude which is comparable with (RV Girl's home), then head inland..."



Good start!

-RV Girl
Listening to Tapes n' Tapes

No comments: