Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Since arriving in France I have been amazed by the number of people who use those little silver folding scooters to get around, and I mean business people, students and kids. Lyon has many hills so it makes perfect sense, walk up the hill or take one of the many public transport solutions to the top and coast down the other side to you destination on your little silver scooter. While surfing this morning I came across this wicked folding bike in the del.icio.us popular section. Its designed by the british inventor Sir Clive Sinclair who many people remember for that weird impractical electric three wheeled thingy he was pimping in the 80s which failed to take off commercially. But I like his new idea very much, the wheels look a bit small but if the little scooter things work well here then something like this should to. It has a price tag of just under £200GBP which I feel is pretty reasonable and so I wish them every success. Anything that will get those dreaded horseless carriages off the streets is a good thing in my eyes.

No comments: