Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday Morning

RV is snoring. We had a late night, again. It has only been a few days since we've been back from Dublin.

Believe it or not, we have only had half of the total time since mid-August truly alone together. We treasured our few hours before sunrise in our room the first 2 weeks as it was the only opportunity to be together in privacy. The summer month brought a couple of welcome visitors and we are expecting another end of September. Let's say my flat isn't the largest or the most sound proof but things time has gone by quickly with much fun and great friendship despite our need for couple time.

The funny thing is that it was only this morning that I really felt as if we were "together". I like to bother my fellow sleepers as I have really skewed cycles of sleep and as I jumped on RV, I looked at his peaceful face and realised that it really was true. He lives with me...we are together at last. Living side by side is so easy between us I often have to step back in surprise, even to this day.

RV will be another year older tomorrow too so ofcourse I have something planned. I can't splurge on anything extravagant but I think he will appreciate my little gift...

Poor bike has been totally neglected since August and I think we will have to wait until we find our new home in the next month before RV and I can actually feel as if we aren't in transit. In the meantime, we create little by little. I often wake up to his funny, fantastic DIY creations. We even made this funny sponge insulation for this contraception box I like to use as a change purse. We have so many plans, I cannot wait to get onto that over the winter.

Oh, and the festival was brilliant. Great music and atmosphere. We really pushed our alcohol consumption and also met some great characters. Namely that crazy South African who helped us revive and ridicule (hehe) an 18 year old kid vomiting his guts out from a couple of beers and absinthe! We had a great time! The brief family stuff was fun too. RV really has it good, they are so sweet and it was quite sad to see them off as it was the final goodbye for RV with all the remaining things he packed to come with me. I remember before I would joke each time I had to leave Dublin and ask him to come with me and I usually got the same reply, "I wish I could". This time it was, "OK".



- RV Girl
Listening to Mogwai

No comments: